Dance Program in Berlin: intensive dance training
The 5-months Dance intensive program starts yearly beginning of February and September
Next start: beginning of February 2024
Are you passionate about dance and looking to take your skills to the next level? Our 5-months Dance Program in Berlin, is the ultimate destination for passionate dancers looking to master the art of dance. With a team of experienced instructors and a curriculum that is designed to challenge and inspire, our intensive dance training offers a transformative training experience.
Whether you want to prepare yourself for a dance education program or are a passionate amateur dancer who wants to deepen the basics you have learned so far, our program is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of dance.
From ballet to contemporary, modern dance to jazz, this Dance Intensive program covers a wide range of dance styles, ensuring that you have the opportunity to explore and expand your repertoire.
You’ll receive personalized instruction and guidance in a supportive and encouraging environment.
You will be trained intensively in a closed group.
We accompany you if you want to prepare for auditions for professional training programs. But you are also welcome if you have less dance experience, do not wish to pursue a professional career in the dance field, but you feel you are not making the progress you wish in open dance classes or workshops.
Berlin, with its vibrant art scene and rich cultural heritage, serves as the perfect backdrop for your dance program. The energy and creativity of Germanys capitol Berlin inspire dancers to explore new movement possibilities and push their artistic boundaries.
Get ready to experience a transformation in your skills and to embark on a challenging journey of self-discovery through the art of dance.
There is no age limit for our Dance Intensive Program and you don’t have to audition. However, you should have previous dance experience and be physically in very good shape, because the intense training can be too much strain for untrained bodies!
Note for very enthusiastic dancers: the dance intensive program can also be attended more than once in a row!
Dance styles and techniques offered at the Dance Program
The Dance Program in Berlin offers an exquisite choice of dance styles and techniques.
It places a strong emphasis on building a solid technical foundation, regardless of the dance style. From proper alignment and placement to strength and flexibility, you’ll receive expert guidance to refine your technique and advance in your overall execution of movement.
From mondays to fridays you have training in Ballet, Floor-barre, Contemporary Dance / Modern Dance, Jazz Dance and Body Conditioning.
Ballet, the foundation of many dance forms, and Modern Dance are one focus of the Dance training.
Contemporary dance, known for its fluidity and expressive movement, is another prominent style. The program offers classes that explore different contemporary techniques and approaches, allowing dancers to develop their own unique style and movement vocabulary. Contemporary classes encourage dancers to push boundaries and explore their creativity.
Jazz dance, known for its syncopated rhythms and lively movements, is another style offered. These classes focus on developing strength, flexibility, and performance quality, making dancers versatile and dynamic performers.
The teaching language of the Dance Training Program in Berlin is German and English.
The Dance Intensive Program takes place Mondays to Fridays from 4:45 pm to 08:00 pm and includes two dance classes of 90 minutes daily. Therefore you can attend this program even if you still required to attend school or after work, depending on your schedule.
Start: Beginning of September until end of January (2 weeks Christmas vacations) and
Beginning of February until end of June (2 weeks Easter vacations)
There are no classes on public holidays, we reserve bridge days.
The flat-rate amount for the dance program is 1750,- € and can be paid in advance in monthly installments of 350,- € at the beginning of each month, latest on the 10th of each month. If you choose to pay the total amount at the beginning of the Program, there is a 5% discount.
Please also plan in suitable dance clothing.
How to apply
Please send us your resume with your previous dance experience, a portrait foto and a short letter of motivation why you would like to participate in our Dance Intensive Program in Berlin by Email.
We are looking forward hearing from you and will get back to you after receiving your application as soon as possible!
Spaces are limited, so we encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
Get a medical check-up to make sure you are in good physical condition before you decide to participate in the intensive program.
Without physical fitness or for untrained bodies, such intensive dance training is too much of a strain!
If you have any questions or require further information about the Dance Intensive, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are here to support you and provide any additional information you may need.
10 Tips preparing for the Dance Intensive Program
Preparing for the dance intensive program is essential to ensure that you make the most out of your experience.
Here are 10 tips to help you get ready for the Dance program in Berlin:
- Physical conditioning: Prior to the start of the intensive, focus on building your strength, endurance, and flexibility and continue to go to dance training regularly. Engage in regular conditioning exercises, such as pilates or yoga, to prepare your body for the physical demands of the program.
- Set goals: Determine what you hope to achieve during the dance intensive. Set specific, measurable goals that you can work towards throughout the program. This will help you stay motivated and focused on your personal growth.
- Take care of your body: Prioritize self-care and injury prevention. Get enough rest, stay hydrated, and maintain a healthy diet. Listen to your body and give yourself time to recover when needed.
- Pack essentials: Make a checklist of dance essentials to pack for the intensive. This may include dancewear, proper footwear, water bottle, snacks, and any necessary accessories or equipment. Being well-prepared will allow you to fully focus on your training without any distractions.
- Be open-minded: Approach the intensive with an open mind and a willingness to learn and grow. Embrace new challenges and be receptive to feedback from instructors. Remember that the intensive is an opportunity for personal and artistic development. So stay open to feedback and corrections. Learning from your mistakes is an essential part of growth as a dancer.
- Stay positive and motivated: The dance intensive can be physically and mentally demanding, but it’s important to stay positive and motivated. Surround yourself with supportive peers and mentors, and remind yourself of your love for dance and your goals.
- Arrive early and warm up properly before each class to prevent injuries and prepare your body for the demands of dance.
- Stay focused and engaged during classes. Ask questions, and actively participate in discussions and exercises.
- Take advantage of the resources and support available to you, whether it’s the faculty, fellow dancers, or online resources.
- Stay motivated and inspired by immersing yourself in the dance community. Attend performances, watch dance videos, and connect with other dancers.
By following these tips, you will be well-prepared and stay dedicated to your dance journey, you can maximize your growth and progress.
The role of nutrition and conditioning during intensive dance training
Dance training is physically demanding, requiring strength, endurance, and flexibility. To support your body’s needs, proper nutrition and conditioning are essential. A well-balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrients is crucial for energy, muscle recovery, and injury prevention. Hydration is also vital to maintain optimal performance. Additionally, incorporating conditioning exercises into your dance training routine can help build strength, increase flexibility, and improve overall fitness. Strengthening the core, working on balance, and focusing on specific muscle groups can enhance your dance abilities and reduce the risk of injury. Remember, your body is your instrument, and taking care of it through proper nutrition and conditioning will allow you to dance to your fullest potential.